Liquidity is an important goal of many of our start- up company clients, whether through an IPO or sale of the company. While we are helping the entrepreneur deal with the business at hand, we also keep focused on the ultimate goal which is to make sure the company is well prepared for an eventual liquidity event. Many decisions encountered in the early stages of the company’s life will affect such a transaction, including:
- Properly handling “cheap stock,” auditor independence and other accounting matters
- Complying with Section 409A
- Documenting all sales of stock with appropriate offering material and filings
- Establishing internal controls and corporate governance procedures, and addressing other Sarbanes-Oxley issues
- Negotiating registration rights with investors
Because of Locke Lord’s significant experience with public and private offerings and change-in-control transactions, our advice can maximize the likelihood the liquidity transaction will be smooth and efficient to provide the most shareholder value.
As a strategic partner with our clients, we take pride in your success.