A start-up company’s evolution from formation through capital financings requires a solid legal foundation from the beginning. Among other things, this includes advising, negotiating and preparing documents regarding:
- agreements amongst founders and advisors
- securing and protection of intellectual property rights
- employment, incentive compensation and stock option plans
- compliance with securities, data protection, privacy and other applicable laws
- license, collaboration and technology transfer agreements, including university license agreements
- operational matters, including leases and consulting agreements
At Locke Lord, we recognize the critical need to get it right from the start, by working closely with entrepreneurs and management teams to guide new companies to the best choice for their futures.